RECIPE | HEALTHY AND SAVORY PUFF PASTRY BITES.

Wednesday, 2 March 2016


Hi! Today I'm sharing one of my favorite recipes which I love making in my spare time. It's a savory puff pastry snack, with a healthy filling! It's easy to make and it doesn't take much time!

What you'll need:
10 sheets of puff pastry
A hand full of spinach
A small broccoli
Around 100grams of  cauliflower
200grams of feta
Sesame seeds 
Pepper.
1 egg

1)Preheat your oven to 180degrees celsius.
2)Start off by putting the broccoli and the cauliflower in a food processor, and whiz it until it's the size of rice. Obviously you can leave it in bigger chunks, if you prefer. But I like to have it small :-). 
3)While the broccoli and cauliflower are in the foodprocessor you can start cutting up your spinach, this doesn't have to be extremely small. 
4)When the cauliflower and broccoli are done you can put them in a bowl together with the spinach. 
5) Then crumble the feta with your hands (tip: make big chunks, this way you'll taste them better!) and add it to the bowl of spinach, broccoli and cauliflower.
6) Season it with pepper and sesame seeds. I wouldn't recommend using salt since the feta already tastes quite salty.
7) Lay out your sheets of puff pastry, and start putting the mixture of the feta, spinach, cauliflower and broccoli in the middel. Make sure to fold them well closed using a fork to press the sides together.
8) whip up an egg. When it's done you can put this on top of your puff pastry, this will make sure that they will get a nice golden color when they're in the oven.
9) Optional: Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of the puff pastry for an extra touch which makes them look all nice and done. The egg will keep the sesame seeds in place so they won't fall off. 
10) Put your bites in the oven for 25minutes, et voila, your savory puff pastry bites with an healthy filling will be done!


This is one of my favorite recipes so I'm glad I finally got the time to photograph it so I could share it on my blog. I love eating it in between lunch and dinner, or even for an after dinner pick me up. 
Hope you liked it and let me know if you're gonna make it yourself!

Much love,
Demi.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm ziet er echt heel erg lekker uit! Mooie foto's ook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the puff pastry is not healthy do
    but ill make my sister make this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, dit lijkt me heel lekker!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading and taking the time to comment on my post. xxx