NEW IN | SKINCARE PRODUCTS + FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Last week I went to Den bosch to get my nails done, but I couldn't help myself to pick up some new skincare products. So today I want to share them with you and also share a few of my first impressions of the new products that I've tried already.


So I'll start of with the bath products I bought at Lush. I actually paid a visit to lush to get my beloved moisturizer; skin drink, but unfortunately it was sold out. However, I just can't leave lush empty handed.
Bubble bar: Humbug.
"It’s all humbug, I tell you. Humbug! If the Christmassy sights seem horrible as can be, cleansing tarragon mixed with relaxing fennel provide a welcome antidote. 'Tis the season of avoidable merriment, so pop on a frown and crumble this jet coal and deep purple bar under running water. Enticing liquorice scent with softening organic illipe butter provide safe haven for Scrooges."  source
So this is the first actual bubble bar I've bought since I normally only used bath bombs. And even though I love the bath bombs, they just weren't fully statisfying since they didn't have any actual bubbles.  The smell of this bubble bar is amazing, very autumny without being too strong.
Bath Bomb: Butterbear
"Snuggle up in a vanilla-scented bear hug with softening Fair Trade cocoa butter from the Colombian Peace Community of San José de Apartadó. Creamy and pampering, this polar pal will melt hearts young and old." source
Ok, I'll admit that I just couldn't resist the cuteness of this one. I mean, it's a bear! Besides the fact that it's incredible cute it also smells very comforting and natural like the vanilla and cacoa butter - which are also 2 of my favorite scents. 
Bath Bomb: Avobath.
"Avobath in the morning to help you face the day: its lemongrass and bergamot oils will pick you up while also tackling dryness with avocado and olive oil. It contains lustre, which gives a shimmering green effect to the water, but will leave your skin feeling dazzling without the dazzle. It also contains lots of mashed avocado and olive oil to tackle dehydration, making this an excellent choice for dry skin sufferers." source
I've been wanting to try avobath for ages. This because the fact that there's avocado and olive oil in it sounds very appealing to me and my dry skin. I'm yet to try all these lush bath products out, but I've very curious to see which one(s) will actually have an effect on my skin.
And the last two for this mini skincare haul: a moisturizer and hand cream! So like I've said, I actually stopped by lush to get my moisturizer, but since It was sold out I had to go looking for an alternative. Since the last few months I've been trying to get mainly natural skincare products since my skin just doesn't react good to anything that has a lot of chemicals in it. 
So, since I was looking for a natural product, I stopped by the bodyshop since I had to get a new body butter anyway. I looked around for a bit till I asked the employee there at what she would recommend for me. And she said that the Vitamin E Moisturizer might fulfill my needs. But since I was a bit hesitant about buying a full sized version of it, I decided to get the travel sized one so I was able to try it out! 
I've been trying the moisturizer for about a week now and I got to say that it unfortunately doesn't quite fulfill my needs. This because it feels a bit gel-like when applying it, and only until you really rub it in your skin it starts to feel slightly moisturized. So this may really work in the summer, or when you have a normal skin. But it's definitely not something for my skin at this time!

And last up; the Human+Kind hand, elbow and foot cream! I've heard a bit about the brand human+kind before and I was eager to try it out. So when I found out that this cream was on a discount at the ici paris I just had to get it. Normally I feel like the handcreams you can buy at the drugstore don't really help that well but I do think this one does when you apply it regulary. The packaging is also really cute but the only 'downside' (it's not too bad..) is the smell. Obviously it has a lot of natural products, which is amazing, but the smell is really strong. It surely depends on what smell you like and such, but I think this smells a lot like herbs. And it wouldn't be a problem if it was just a slight smell but when I was applying this at a sleepover at my friends house my friend (who was at the other side of the room) even asked "ehh.. what is that smell?!" So I guess you get the point.
Nonethless it just does a great job at hydrating so I'd love to try more products from Human+Kind.

And that's it for today post! I'll write you soon xx.

1 comment:

thank you for reading and taking the time to comment on my post. xxx