HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT SWEET POTATO FRIES | CRUNCHY ON THE OUTSIDE, SOFT ON THE INSIDE.

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Sweet potato fries, one of my favorite things to eat for dinner! Today I'm going to share my 'secret' with you on how I'm able to get them crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside. Curious? Then click on continue reading!

Start off by peeling your sweet potato. And then... it's time for the secret trick! Before you put your potato's in the oven, you should cook them for at least 20minutes in boiling water! ( Depending on how big they are. But for an average sized sweet potato (like the one pictured above), 20minutes will do the trick!) 
Honestly, when I started trying to make sweet potato fries for the first few times, I was never able to get them nice and crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside like regular fries. Untill my mom suggested that I could try to cook them before I'd put them in the oven.

When your potato's are done cooking you can cut them into fries. (obviously you can also cut them into other chunks/cubes). And it's time to put your favorite herbs on them. My favorite combination for these fries are paprika powder, garlic, pepper and rosemary! Also, don't forget to drizzle around 2 to 3 (also depending on how much potato's you have) tablespoons of olive oil on top of them, so they don't get too dry in the oven.
When all of that is done you can put them on the oven for 50minutes. Don't forget to turn them around after 25minutes, so both sides of the fries have time to cook! 

And, that's it! It's actually really easy, but it just takes some time since the fries have to go in to the oven for a long time. But I promise, it's totally worth it!

Much love,
Demi.



6 comments:

  1. Hey! Dit heb ik vanavond nog gegeten!! Haha, wat grappig. Echt super lekker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah dat moet ik echt eens proberen! Ziet er zo goed uit!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maak ze maar een keer voor mij :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah dit moet ik ECHT een keer maken. Ik had een keertje sweet potato fries op een festival gegeten en het is OVERHEERLIJK!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading and taking the time to comment on my post. xxx