LUSH ULTRABLAND CLEANSER REVIEW

Thursday, 3 September 2015

Hi! In the last beauty I wrote I showed you my new stuff from lush. So today I wanted to review my newest addition - and by far my favorite - to my beauty regime.

So what is this newest addition exactly? Ultrabland is a cleanser. I personally use it every night to get my makeup off. I never really used to use a cleanser since I always took my make-up off in the shower which resulted in the well-known panda effect. This was obviously not the most charming way to do it, and probably also not the best since it took way too much rubbing in/and around my eyes.

What lush says about the cleanser: "Based on an ancient Greek formula for cold cream, Ultrabland is beautifully simple and very effective. Made with almond oil, rose water, beeswax and honey, this cleanser removes all traces of dirt and makeup without stripping away your skin's natural defences. Smooth over the face, any dirt will cling to the cream and you can remove it with a warm damp cloth or cotton wool"  

And like Lush already says, it's very effective and it indeed removes all traces of dirt and makeup. And the reason I especially love and prefer this above any makeup remover there is, is because it leaves a mosturizing layer on your skin, even after removing the cream with a warm damp cloth. I love the fact that it leaves that extra layer of mosturizer because it's perfect since it kind of  functions as a nightcream. 

The cleanser also has a slight scrub to it, which is good for exfoliating. And since it is only ever so slightly, it's good to use it on a daily basis. It just makes your skin look nice and glowy. Which is perfect for me since my skin is very pale and can look dull at times.

4 of the ingredients and their effect:
Rose water: Calms and soothes the skin.
Almond oil: hydration for skin (and hair)
Fresh iris extract: Aromatic and soothing.
Honey: Moisturising and antiseptic.

Like I said, I use this cleanser every night to remove my make-up. I personally like to take a bit on my fingers and just rub it lightly in circular movements on my face. Also, a little bit goes a long way so this cleanser will definitely last you a long time!
After you rubbed it in your face, it'll look something like the photo above.  I personally also prefer to just let it sink in a little while ( which can be anything between 30sec to 2min.) To get that extra mosturising feeling. Afterwards I just take a warm damp cloth and get it off my face, et voila, you're makeup will be removed and your face will feel soft and mosturised!

For 100grams it's priced at €17,75/11.50 pounds/16.95 dollar. Which is a reasonable price if  I do say so myself since it lasts a long time so it's totally worth it. So I'd totally recommend this cleanser, especially if you have a dry/normal skin. But, if you're skin is (very) oily I might advice you to look further or talk to your local lush employee since I think it might be too mosturising for you.(not sure though)

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUSH PRODUCT?

Much love,
Demi. xxx

2 comments:

  1. Deze reiniger lijkt me echt super fijn! Leuke review Demi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! ik kocht laatst ook heel veel van de Lush en ik ben echt verliefd! :) Liefs

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading and taking the time to comment on my post. xxx