THE 1975 CONCERT

Sunday, 5 October 2014


suffering of post concert depression? Yes. Was it the best day ever? Yes.
Yesterday I finally went to the concert of the 1975, one of my favorite bands. And woah, it was intens, and amazeballs. No exaggerating.
We planned on being in Utrecht at around 3pm because we didn't really think that there would be a queue, but I couldn't be more wrong. Because when Dilan woke me up at 9:00am, telling me that there already was a queue going on I got so so so stressed. So obviously we went earlier, arrived in Utrecht at around 1pm, got in the queue and we were number 145/146. And I never thought I'd be the one to wait in a queue for 7 hours for a band, but yup I've been there. And honestly, it wasn't that bad! We just talked to the other girls and chilled around. Every now and then we would get some food and go back to the queue. Some girls even met Matty and Ross, and I'm not gonna deny that there was a little bit envy in that. But obviously, you grant it to everyone so I was so happy for them!

at around 7:30 pm we were allowed to go inside and that was so hectic! Luckily the security guards didn't let all of us in at the same time, but just in little groups.
When we got inside we were soooo close to the stage since there weren't even any barricades! Like I was just literally less than 2 meters away from matty!!! And I might have died a little inside because it was sososososooo amazing.
The support act was a band called pool. From what I know, no one really knew who they were but we just danced along. They just played a few songs and after that it was time for the real thing, The 1975.

They were so good live! They just sounded the same as on the videos you see on youtube. They also interacted with the crowd which was so much fun! And every now and then Matty would say stuff like You're such a fun crowd etc. And before they started "Talk" he asked who'd seen them before live and who didn't. And then he was like "so it would fair if right now you just only look, don't film with your phone and look at a screen, just look at us. It's so important for me, and as well as for you." And after he said that he was like "I'm not being miserable right here, I'm just being honest" And then they started to sing and everyone was just looking, no phones, no camera's and it was amazing!
Almost at the end of the concert he was like "So I'm just being honest and I'm not always saying this but This really is one of my favorite places to perform because you're all so nice and fun to interact with and also, you have the best weed!" So obviously everyone cheered.

And I don't even really know what to say about the concert since I'm still a little starstruck, so I hope that pictures say more than a thousands words this time! ( Plus, I made these photo's with my new camera. A post about it coming soon!)  I'm also making a little concert video so you can even get a better impression of what it was like. So stay tuned for that!

xoxox,
Demi.


















12 comments:

  1. wow! really nice photo's and article, love to read this!

    I follow you know on bloglovin,
    go check out my blog if you want!

    www.thischickdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ik vind je eerste zin al geweldig! Zo tof dat je bij het concert bent geweest! :D
    Liefs, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oeh wauwie, prachtige foto's heb je gemaakt! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, wat een gave foto's! Ziet er echt heel erg leuk uit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prachtige foto's! En wat gaaf dat je zo dichtbij stond, dat is dat lange wachten dan wel waard toch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankje! Jaaaa dat was het zeker! Ik had nooit verwacht dat ik zo lang in een rij zou gaan staan maar het was eigenlijk helemaal niet zo erg, en nog best gezellig ook :)

      Delete
  6. I love the 1975!! It looks like you were quite close to the front! I'm so jealous haha, I would love to see them live :) Amazing photos! xoxo

    ♡Kudzai || NEWKIDBLOGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good, aren't they!? And I really was, I was less then 2 meters away from them and I literally died inside ahahah. If you have the chance, you really should go, they sound amazing live! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  7. neeeee dit meen je niet. Een vriendin en ik stalken hun concert agenda al maanden en hebben dit dus helemaal gemist. Dachten dat ze niet naar NL zouden komen de komende maanden. Ik zit hier serieus dus wat traantjes te laten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah dat is wel echt balen!! ik dacht eerst ook dat ze niet zouden komen, en dat ik ze had gemist aangezien ze begin dit jaar ( volgensmij maart) al in het paradiso in amsterdam een concert hadden gehouden. Tot dat ik van ticketmaster een mail kreeg ( wat al weer een aantal maandjes geleden was) dat ze weer zouden komen, maar dan naar Utrecht. Dus je zou je kunnen aanmelden bij de nieuwsbrief van ticketmaster, dan krijg je altijd een paar dagen voor de kaartverkoop te horen wie er komt en alle benodigden informatie!

      Delete

thank you for reading and taking the time to comment on my post. xxx